Thank you for choosing Apps4Rent. The safety and security of your data is our priority. We recommend that you update the password of your Cloud Desktop at regular intervals. Here’s how to do it.
Get Started with Cloud Desktop Password Change
What is needed for changing the password?
You will need the following requirements for changing the password on your Virtual Machine:
- Desktop/ RDP Name/IP address
If you are accessing your Cloud Desktop for the first time or have misplaced your credentials, refer to the email with the subject line “Welcome Email” shared by Apps4Rent on the registered email address
for the details.
Step 1: Find Your Remote Desktop
- In the search option in the bottom-left corner of your Windows 10 screen, type “Remote Desktop Connection.”
- Click on the icon that appears.
Try it: Select Search > Remote Desktop Connection, In the results, select the option “Remote Desktop Connection.”
Step 2: Enter Your Cloud Computer Address
After you click “Remote Desktop Connection,” a pop-up form appears on your screen. Type the host name in the text box for Computer and User name in the Remote Desktop Connection popup and click “Connect”.
Note: Here, you can also enter the IP address instead of Desktop Name. But we recommend entering the Desktop Name.
- After entering the Desktop name, click the “Connect” button.
- Type of Username that is provided by us. In the Password box, type the Password which is
provided by us. Click “OK” once you have entered username and password.
- After a few minutes, you will be connected to the virtual desktop on the screen.
Step 3: Change Your Password in the Remote Desktop
- Once you’re logged in to the VDI, click Ctrl+Alt+End buttons on the keyboard.
Click on Change a Password.
- Type the current password and desired password and click on the ➔ icon next to the confirm password textbox to submit the changes.
Important Points to Remember
Note: Our Cloud Desktops are configured to accept passwords that confirm with a certain complexity requirement.
Below are the password complexity criteria.
- Should not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Should be at least six characters in length
- Should contain characters from three of the following four
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Your Cloud Desktop is more secure than ever before. Remember that users who have changed the password will not be able to use the same steps to change their password again for the next 24 hours. Contact the support team for changing the password from the backend in such a scenario.