Unable to Edit Newly Created SharePoint Task by a User Who is Assigned the Task
The newly created task should be editable by the owner of the task and by the user assigned to the task.
Click on the advanced permissions for the Task List (Task list–>List settings–>Advanced settings)
Check if the current setting is “Only Their Own” for “Edit Access”
If the setting is “only Their Own”, change the setting to “All”. This will allow the creator of the task as well as the person who is assigned the task to edit information about the task.
Below is a typical situation in which such a problem arises:
1. Create web application http://sharepoint . create new Task list .
2. Edit the “Advanced” permissions for the task list (Task list–>List
3. Click on “Only their own” for “Edit Access”
4. Create a new task with student1 account and assigned to student2
5. Log in with student2 account
6. You get access denied when we try to edit the newly created task.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.