Configure Blackberry 9630 Tour to sync with Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server
Configure Blackberry 9630 Tour to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server
This tip is mainly for non-Blackberry Enterprise Server users that use Intellisync to sync Outlook with their Blackberry. With Intellisync you have the ability to synchronize your Address Book, Calendar, Memopad, and Tasks. To make sure they are synchronized do the following:
1) Double-click Intellisync. Click Configure PIM.
2) Tick off which aspects you want to Sync.
3) Configure sync by hitting Choose.
4) Select BlackBerry Wireless Sync as the wireless calendar translator.
5) In the Intellisync window, click Synchronize Now.
Synchronizing Blackberry 9630 Tour with Microsoft Exchange Server using Blackberry Enterprise Server
To configure your email accounts directly from your BlackBerry smartphone, follow these instructions:
- To get to the email setup site:
- If there’s an Email Setup option on your smartphone’s home screen, click it.
- Alternately, there’s a setup wizard on the smartphone that will either start automatically the first time you turn on your smartphone or will be featured as an icon on the home screen of your smartphone. When you reach the email setup screen of the setup wizard, select I want to create or add an email address.
- Click Next.
- To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the I have read and understand the End User Agreement option or check box. Click I Agree.
- To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
- Click Next. The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
- If you want to create a new email address for your BlackBerry smartphone (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), you’ll need to do one of the following, depending on your smartphone:
- Click Create a BlackBerry email address
- Click I would like to create a new BlackBerry email address.Then, type the user name that you want to appear before the @ sign in your new BlackBerry email address. Click Next, followed by OK.
- To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.
Set up your email from your computer
Select your wireless service provider below to visit their BlackBerry® Internet Bundle website and set up your email account(s):
If your wireless service provider isn’t listed here, please refer to your service provider’s website, inbox documentation or support site.
Use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server option to associate your smartphone with a Microsoft® Outlook®, IBM® Lotus Notes® or Novell® GroupWise® work email account.
If your system administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password, you can set up email using this option by selecting I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the setup wizard on your smartphone. If you don’t have an enterprise activation password, contact your system administrator.
Moreover, Apps4Rent Hosted Exchange price plans offer complete transparency of competitive prices in hosted exchange options. Get best exchange hosting plan at $6.95/month.