Palm Treo 755p is a PALM OS 5.4.9 based smartphone that can be synchronized easily with Microsoft Exchange Server, thus making it easy for professionals to check their official mails even when on the move.
Configure Palm Treo 755p to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server
In order to sync Palm Treo 755p with Microsoft Exchange Server, first install Versamail. Check how to do it below:
- Run the Palm Installation CD on your computer. You should see a window and some options. Select
Install bonus software.
- On the screen that appears, click the
VersaMaillink. On the right, click
Once VersaMail is installed, you can configure ActiveSync:
Applications, and then
- You may see a screen titled “Initial Setup”. If so, tap
- The Account Setup screen will appear next. In the “Account Name:” field, enter a label for this email account, for example,
IU. It can be anything you want, as long as you remember it stands for your university Exchange account.
- In the “Mail Service” drop-down list, select
Exchange ActiveSync. Tap
- The Work screen will appear. Under “Username:”, enter your IU Network ID username. Under “Passwords:”, enter your password. Then tap
- On the next screen, under “Email Address:”, enter your full IU email address, not just your username.
- Under “Mail Server:”, enter
- You will see a screen saying: Basic setup for your mail account is completed. -To exit, select Done. -For additional settings, select Advanced. -To try your connection, select Test settings.
You are not finished yet. Tap
- On the Advanced screen, leave the “Port Number:” setting alone if it reads
443. Otherwise, change it to
- Make sure
Use Secure Connection (SSL).is checked. If not, tap to check it. Tap
- Ignore all the settings on the Proxy Server Settings screen. IU does not use any proxy servers for mail access.