Configuring LG Expo to sync with Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server
LG Expo is packed with plenty of features into its relatively compact case. It boasts a high-speed processor, a decent-sized touch screen, and even the capability of connecting to an optional projector accessory. Expo’s e-mail client is a bit bland to look at, but is perfectly serviceable for reading and viewing messages. You can use it to check personal POP3 and IMAP accounts, and business users will also be able to sync e-mail, calendars, contacts, and tasks with their corporate Microsoft Exchange server.
Configuring LG Expo to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Make sure you have a direct Internet connection by setting up a Wi-Fi connection or by using your phone’s cellular connection.
- On your phone, on the Home screen, click Start > Programs > ActiveSync > Menu > Add Server Source.
- ActiveSync menu with Add Server Source selected.
- NoteIf you’ve already set up a sync partnership with an Exchange server, the option appears as Configure Server instead of Add Server Source.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Select Attempt to detect Exchange Server Settings automatically, and click Next.
- In the Server address field, enter the name of the Exchange server.
- If encrypted connections are supported by your Exchange server, select the This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection check box, and click Next.
- Enter your user name, password, and domain name.
- If you want the phone to save your password so that you won’t have to enter it again when synchronizing, select the Save password check box, and click Next.
- Select the check boxes for the information that you want to sync with the Exchange server.
- To change available synchronization settings, select the type of information, and click Menu > Settings.
- If you want to change the rules for resolving synchronization conflicts, click Menu > Advanced.
- Click Finish.