Creating a new Calendar in SharePoint
How do I create a new SharePoint calendar?
1. Click View All Site Content, and then click Create on the All Site Content page.
2. Under Tracking, click Calendar.
3. In the Name box, type a name for the calendar. The calendar name is required.
The name appears at the top of the calendar page, becomes part of the Web address for the calendar page, and appears in navigational elements that help the user to find and open the SharePoint calendar.
4. In the Description box, type a description of the purpose of the SharePoint calendar. The description is optional.
The description appears at the top of the calendar page in most views, underneath the name of the calendar. If you plan to enable the list to receive content by e-mail, you can add the e-mail address of the calendar to its description, so that people can easily find the e-mail address.
5. To add a link to the calendar on the Quick Launch, click Yes in the Navigation section.
6. If an E-mail section is available on the New page, your administrator has enabled your site to receive content by e-mail. If you want people to add events to the calendar by sending e-mail, click Yes. Then, in the E-mail address box, type the first part of the address that you want people to use for the calendar.
7. Click Create.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.
Apps4Rent’s SharePoint Site Hosting Plans