In today’s fast-paced and highly competitive business landscape, effective financial management is crucial. Businesses of all sizes and across various industries rely on accounting software to streamline their financial processes, ensure accuracy in their transactions, and gain insights into their financial health. Intuit QuickBooks is one of the best software on the market and has solidified its status as the go-to choice for businesses seeking to not only manage their finances but also to thrive and prosper in an ever-evolving marketplace. However, even the most reliable tools can encounter errors along the way, and one such error is the “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate” error. In this article, we will explain various methods to fix this error.
Understanding the “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate” Error
When you sync QuickBooks with Intuit apps like Field Service Management or Statement Writer, or even with third-party applications using QuickBooks Web Connector, a digital certificate is used to establish and confirm the secure connection. This certificate ensures the integrity and safety of your financial data during the synchronization process. However, digital certificates have a limited period, and when they expire, it can lead to the “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate” error.
How to Resolve this Error?
The resolution of this error depends on whether you are syncing QuickBooks with or without Web Connector and the specific application causing the issue. Below are the methods that can be used to resolve this error.
Syncing QuickBooks without Web Connector
If you encounter the error when synchronizing QuickBooks with a third-party application without using Web Connector, follow these steps:
- Update Your Third-Party Application: Update the third-party application that may be causing the error and ensure that you are using the latest version available.
- Attempt to Sync QuickBooks: After updating the application, try to synchronize QuickBooks again. If the error persists, then contact the developer of the third-party application for further assistance.
Syncing QuickBooks with Web Connector
For users who are using Web Connector to sync QuickBooks with a third-party application and encounter this error, follow the given steps:
Update QuickBooks Desktop: To resolve the error caused by an expired QuickBooks Web Connector digital certificate, make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest release.
Manually Fix Error:
- Choose the appropriate version of QBWebConnector.exe for download. If you have multiple versions installed, select the download link for the most recent version:
- QuickBooks 2023 / Enterprise 23
- QuickBooks 2022 / Enterprise 22
- QuickBooks 2021 / Enterprise 21
- Close all instances of QuickBooks completely.
- Simultaneously press the CTRL, ALT, and Delete keys on your keyboard.
- Select “Task Manager” from the options presented.
- Ensure that processes named QBW.exe, QBW32.exe, and QBWebconnector.exe are not currently running.
- Rename the “QBWebConnector.exe” by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Enter the following paths based on your Windows version:
- For 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector\
- For 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector\QBWebConnector.exe
- Rename “QBWebConnector.exe” to “OLD_QBQWebConnector.exe.”
- Navigate to the “File” menu and choose “Open New Window.”
- Access your “Downloads” folder and copy the “QBWebConnector.exe” that you downloaded in Step 2 to the folder used in Step 4.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and utilize the Web Connector as needed.
Intuit Field Service Management (IFSM)
IFSM does not rely on Web Connector to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. If you encounter this error with IFSM, here are the steps to resolve it:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Copy the following address into your browser and download a new “QbEventsShim.exe” file. https://qbinstall.corrigo.com/6.13/6.13.132/QbEventsShim.exe
- Replace it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit Field Svc. Integration or C:\Program Files (x86)\Corrigo Integration folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and start using Intuit Field Service Management.
QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
If you are encountering an error with QuickBooks Statement Writer, it is likely due to not having upgraded to QuickBooks Desktop version. To resolve this issue, ensure that you have upgraded your QuickBooks Desktop to the 2023 version or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 23.0.
Apps4Rent Can Help You with QuickBooks Licenses and Third-Party Integrations
As an Intuit Authorized Hosting Provider, Apps4Rent offers QuickBooks licenses and hosts them on the cloud from top-tier SAE-16 certified data centers in New York and New Jersey. Moreover, with our expertise, we can also help you in configuring and integrating numerous third-party solutions with QuickBooks at no additional cost. Contact our QuickBooks specialists available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.