Procedure to cancel/unsubscribe an alert:
Alerts can be canceled or unsubscribed by 2 ways. It depends on the type of alert that you want to cancel.
If a user wants to cancel/unsubscribe to the alerts that he receives he needs to follow the steps given below.
1. At the top of the site, click Welcome User name , and then click My Settings.
2. Click My Alerts.
3. Select the check box next to the alert or alerts that you want to cancel.
4. Click Delete Selected Alerts.
5. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click OK.
If the administrator or some other user with proper access wants to unsubscribe another user from getting alerts generated by an item, please follow these steps.
1. On the Site Actions menu , click Site Settings.
2. Under Site Administration, click User alerts.
3. In the list next to Display alerts for, select the person whose alerts you want to cancel.
4. Click the Update button.
5. Select the check box next to the alert or alerts that you want to cancel.
6. Click Delete Selected Alerts.
7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click OK.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.