How to change or limit the number of records displayed by list web part in the browser using SharePoint Designer 2007?
Use SharePoint Designer to change the number of records displayed by a list web part
You can change the number of records that a list web part displays in the browser. For example, you can have the list web part display all items or only a certain number of total items. You can also set up paging so that the list web part displays items in sets of a certain number.
The following steps need to be performed :
1. Open the site in Sharepoint designer
2. Right click on default.aspx -> open with -> sharepoint designer
3. After the default.aspx pages opens make sure on the bottom of the page Split option is selcted
4. Select the list web part or data view web part
5. On the left hand side of the list web part select the option “list view options”
6. Select Change Layout
7. Select paging option
8. You can select the option “display items in sets of this size” and enter the number items you want to display on the browser. Suppose If you select 4. When you open the page in the browse you will be able to see 4 items of the list at a time. On the botttom of the web part you will see the next button to display the next 4 items.
9. You can also select the option “limit the total number of items displayed to” and the enter the number of items which you want to limit. This option Sets a limit on the maximum number of items that will be displayed.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.
Free SharePoint Hosting WSS 3.0 Templates
Hosted SharePoint Uses Benefits Features
Hosted Applications – SharePoint – Microsoft Exchange 2007