Thank you for choosing Apps4Rent. The safety and security of your data is our priority. We recommend that you update the password of your Cloud Desktop at regular intervals. Here’s how to do it.
Get Started with Cloud Desktop Password Change
What is needed for changing the password?
You will need the following requirements for changing the password on your Virtual Machine:
- Desktop/ RDP Name/IP address
If you are accessing your Cloud Desktop for the first time or have misplaced your credentials, refer to the email with the subject line “Welcome Email” shared by Apps4Rent on the registered email address for the details.
Click on Start button on your keyboard.
Type “mstsc” and press Enter.
Alternatively, search for Remote Desktop.
Now the Remote desktop screen will appear.
Type the host name in the text box for Computer in the Remote Desktop Connection pop-up and click on Connect.
Type the user name and current password.
Once logged in to the VDI, click Ctrl+Alt+End buttons on the keyboard.
The new screen will show the option to change the password.
Click on Change Password and type the user name if it is for a different user. Type the current password and desired password.
Click on the ➔ icon next to the Confirm password textbox to submit the changes.
Log off from the VDI and test the new password.
Below are the password complexity criteria.
- Should not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Should be at least six characters in length
- Should contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %) Users who have changed the password will not be able to use the same steps to change their password again for the next 24 hours. Contact the support team for changing the password from the backend in such a scenario.
Get Hosted Virtual Desktop from $22/month