Procedure to hard reset a BlackBerry device or smartphone
Resetting BlackBerry device is one of the procedures which is followed if you are trying to sync e-mails and the sync does not happen. This step can be followed either when the first sync does not happen or if your device was syncing properly and it stopped working. You tried using a new activation code by enabling the feature from within you control panel and sync fails.
Also, this is a useful first step if a BlackBerry smart phone is experiencing hardware, software, or wireless network problems.
NOTE: Please ensure the following before you proceed.
- Please ensure that you have BES dataplan/service is enabled from the provider’s side.
- Please ensure that you have disabled and then re-enabled the Enable BlackBerry option from the control panel and you have the latest activation code.
- A reset of a BlackBerry smart phone does not delete any settings or data.
A hard reset involves physically removing the battery from the smart phone and then reinserting it. To perform a hard reset, please follow these steps.
- If your BlackBerry phone is OFF then turn it ON.
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the BlackBerry smart phone.
- Remove the battery, wait for a around 10-20 seconds.
- Reinsert it reinsert the batter cover.