Importing or Exporting a Set of Rules in Microsoft Outlook
When you import rules, they are added to the end of the list of rules. You can import only one set of rules at a time. When you export rules, they are saved in a file with an .rwz extension.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Mail.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- If you have more than one e-mail account, in the Apply changes to this folder list, click the Inbox you want.
- Click Options.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Import Rules.
- In the File name box, type the path and file name for the set of rules you want to import.
- If you want to import a file that contains rules other than Rules Wizard rules, such as rules that are compatible with previous versions of Microsoft Outlook, click the file type in the Files of type list.
- Click Open.
- Click Export Rules.
- In the File name box, type the path and file name for the set of rules you want to export.
- If you want to export a file that contains only rules that are compatible with a previous version of Outlook, in the Save as type list, select Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules Wizard rules, Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules, or Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules.
- Click Save.
You can create a backup copy of your rules by exporting them to a file by using the procedure above.