Barnes & Noble’s Nook is clearly a distinguished e-book reader device developed to give the competitors a run for their money. However, this Barnes & Noble offering does not offer any native support for Microsoft Exchange Server. You can only access your e-mail in Nook using IMAP or POP. The settings to do this are no different than what you would use to configure POP/IMAP in Outlook.
In order to access the Exchange calendar and contact information, you will have to install a third party Exchange application such as RoadSync, Touchdown, or Moxier Mail.
How to configure Microsoft Exchange Server on Nook?
- Firstly, launch the e-mail application.
- Then enter your e-mail address and password.
- Select the “Manual Setup” option.
- Select “IMAP” or “POP” and click “OK”.
- Enter the appropriate incoming server settings and select the “Next” option.
- Once your server settings are substantiated, the outgoing server configuration box will be displayed. Enter the appropriate information and select the “Next” option.
- Set folder poll frequency using one of the six options. Finally select the “Next” option.
- Enter your user name and a display name for the account.
- Here your Exchange account will be set up.
- The inbox folder will appear on the screen.
- You can set up additional settings via the Settings menu under Application. Select the Settings icon located on the right side of the account.