How to remove “View All Site Content” link for anonymous users in SharePoint?
NOTE: The steps provided here are related to changing properties of the masterpage using SharePoint Designer. Apps4Rent does not take any responsibility for any data loss or any other issues arising our of the steps. There are various factors which determine the right properties and right changes to the code. This has been given as a courtsey and only as a reference purpose.
This solution requires you to install Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer.
1. Go to “Site Actions” ==> “Site Settings”
2. Under Galleries, click on “Master Pages”
3. Select default.master and select “Edit in Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer”.
4. In “Design” view locate “View All Site Content” on the left-hand-site navigation bar and click on it.
5. Go to “Code” view. You will see the following code highlighted:
<Sharepoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl runat=”server” PermissionsString=”ViewFormPages”>
<SharePoint:SPLinkButton id=”idNavLinkViewAll” runat=”server” NavigateUrl=”~site/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx” Text=”<%$Resources:wss,quiklnch_allcontent%>” AccessKey=”<%$Resources:wss,quiklnch_allcontent_AK%>”/>
6. Change the PermissionString attribute value of the Sharepoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl XML element from ViewFormPages to BrowseDirectories.
7. Save the default.master. If you login as an anonymous user you will not see the “View All Site Content” link. However when authenticated you will see this option.
NOTE: The “BrowseDirectories” permission is common to both the “Members” and “Owners” group permission levels, but is not set for the “Limited Access” (anonymous users) permission level.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.