Restoring/Backing up a SharePoint site over 24 MB using SharePoint Designer 2007
How to backup and restore a SharePoint Site over 24 MB using SharePoint Designer 2007?
Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007 may have problem to backup a Sharepoint site over 24 meg. Here is a workaround to be able to take a full backup of your Sharepoint site and restore that one to your portal with Apps4Rent:
1. Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007, create a backup file and save it to your computer.
2. Go to your Sharepoint recycling bin and locate the files it created during the backup and restore those files, and then download them to your computer.
3. Change the filename from .cmp to .cab
4. Extract all the files from all your .cabs to a folder say… ‘tmpSharepoint’
5. Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310618 and get yourself a copy of cabarc
6. Now run the command.. like.. ‘cabarc N sharepoint.cab tmpSharepoint \*.*’
7. Rename sharepoint.cab to sharepoint.cmp.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.
Apps4Rent’s SharePoint Site Hosting Plans
Free Microsoft SharePoint Hosting Templates
Adding a new SharePoint site with new domain
How many SharePoint sites can I add?
>Adding/Modifying themes in SharePoint
Backup and restoring SharePoint sites using SharePoint Designer