The Motorola Milestone XT720 is again an Android OS-based smartphone that makes high-definition video recording and playback easy, with HDMI and wi-fi connectivity. The 3.7-inch touch screen also is home to a 8 MP digital camera with Xenon flash, all in a thin and elegant design. Motorola Milestone XT720 also syncs with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Setting up Motorola Milestone XT720 to sync with Microsoft Exchange Email
If you did not set up an Exchange Server email account, follow the steps below to set up your Motorola Milestone XT720 to sync with Microsoft Exchange Server. Work with your Corporate IT department to gather the following info:
- Mail server address
- Domain name
- Whether your company or email provider requires an encrypted (SSL) connection to the mail server
- Your username and password
Note: The Exchange Server settings are case sensitive. Be sure to enter uppercase and lowercase letters properly.
- From the Applications Menu, Touch Email.
- Type in your email address and password. Check the box only if you want this to be your default email account. Touch Next.
- Touch Exchange Account.
- Enter your Exchange Server information and Touch Next.
Note: Do not select “Accept all SSL certificates” unless instructed by your IT admin.
- Your phone will check the incoming server settings.
- If everything is correct the Account Options screen will appear allowing you to customize your account settings.
- Finally, you will be asked to name this account and enter the name that will be displayed on outgoing messages. Touch Done when complete.
Note: If you are able to successfully connect an Exchange account on your phone, but your email and contacts are not syncing with your device, your company may have a security policy that prevents syncing.