SharePoint Formulas and Functions
How to add formulas and functions in SharePoint?
You can use formulas and functions in lists or libraries to calculate data by using calculate column. By adding a calculated column to a list or library, you can create a formula that includes data from other columns and performs functions to calculate dates and times, to perform mathematical equations, or to manipulate text. For example, on a tasks list, you can use a column to calculate the number of days it takes to complete each task, based on the Start Date and Date Completed columns.
- Below steps need to performed to add a calculated column to a list or library :
- Browse to the list or library
- Click on list or library settings
- On the columns section ,click on Create Column.
- In the Name and Type section, type the name that you want in the Column name box.
- Under The type of information in this column is, click Calculated (calculation based on other columns).
- In the Additional Column Settings section, enter the formula that you want to use in the Formula box. You can select items from the Insert Column box and then add functions, constants, and operators to the formula.
- Select the data type that you want to be returned by the formula, and then click OK.
With the best SharePoint hosting price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications at a minimal SharePoint hosting price rate of $8.95 per month.
Free SharePoint Hosting WSS 3.0 Templates
Hosted SharePoint Uses Benefits Features
Hosted Applications – SharePoint – Microsoft Exchange 2007