SharePoint List Template
How do I create a list from a list template in SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Services 3.0 includes several different types of lists, ranging from a calendar to a contacts list. Although some of the settings vary among the lists, you can use the same basic procedure to create any type of list in SharePoint.
For more info on Apps4Rent’s plans:
• Hosted Microsoft SharePoint – Plans starting at $8.95 per month. See plans.
• Hosted Exchange 2010 – Plans starting at $6.95 per month. See plans.
• Mobile SyncMail – Plans starting at $1.95 per month. See plans.
The following procedure shows you how to create a list from a SharePoint list template:
Note: To create a list, you must have permission to change the site where you want to create the list. You may need to consult with your SharePoint admin.
1. Click View All Site Content, and then click Create on the All Site Content page.
2. Under Communications or Tracking, click the type of list that you want, such as Contacts or Calendar.
3. In the Name box, type a name for the list. The list name is required.
The name appears at the top of the list page, becomes part of the Web address for the list page, and appears in navigational elements that help users to find and open the list.
4. In the Description box, type a description of the purpose of the list. The description is optional.
The description appears at the top of the list in most views, underneath the name of the list. Some types of hosted SharePoint lists can receive content by e-mail. If you plan to enable the list to receive content by e-mail, you can add the e-mail address of the list to its description, so that people can easily find the e-mail address.
5. To add a link to this list on the Quick Launch, click Yes in the Navigation section.
6. If an Incoming E-mail section appears, your administrator has enabled lists on your site to receive content by e-mail. To enable people to add content to the list by sending e-mail, click Yes under Enable this list to receive e-mail. Then, in the Email address box, type the first part of the address that you want people to use for the list. Note: This option may not be available for some types of lists.
7. If an E-Mail Notification section appears, your administrator has enabled lists on your site to send e-mail notifications when list items are assigned. To enable the list to send e-mail to people when an item is assigned to them, click Yes under Send e-mail when ownership is assigned.
This option may not be available for some types of lists.
8. Click Create.
Note: By default, you can add content by sending e-mail to discussion boards, announcements, and calendar lists, if incoming e-mail is enabled on your site. Tasks, project tasks, and issue-tracking lists can send e-mail to people when items are assigned to them, if outgoing mail is enabled for the site. Other lists can be enabled by your administrator with a custom solution such as an e-mail handler.
With the best hosted SharePoint price plans in the industry, Apps4Rent provides any sized business the power to integrate the virtual collaboration technology into their business model and streamline communications. Hosted Microsoft SharePoint plans start at just $8.95 per month.
Depend on Apps4Rent for all your business hosting needs.
• Industry leading value based pricing.
• Serving over 10,000 business in 50+ countries.
• One-stop shop for the full range of hosted Microsoft software.
• 24/7 support via chat, email and phone.
Apps4Rent’s SharePoint Hosting Sites
Free WSS 3.0 Hosting Application Templates
Pointing your SharePoint site after signup
Adding a new SharePoint site with new domain
How many SharePoint sites can I add?
Adding/Modifying themes in SharePoint
Backup and restoring SharePoint sites using SharePoint Designer