How to move the IMAP personal folder (*.pst) ?
In order to move the IMAP personal folder (*.pst), you have to first close Outlook, then make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab, a few minutes after you close it.
Steps to move the IMAP personal folder (*.pst)
- Open the profile (Control panel, Mail) and click on Data files.
- Select the IMAP acct and click Open Folder to open the folder containing the PST.
- Move the PST to the desired location. Do not rename the file; Outlook creates a new file in the default location if you try to rename it—you can only move it.
- Switch to the Data Files window and double click on the account’s data file.
- Now you’ll get the ‘can’t find’ error which can tell outlook where to find it.
- Close the dialogs and you are ready to restart outlook.