Syncing Nokia 6600 with Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server.
Nokia 6600 is a Symbian OS-based Smartphone featuring integrated (VGA 640×480) camera, video recorder with audio support, wireless connectivity with Bluetooth and IRDA, 6 MB internal memory, memory card slot for additional user memory and applications, Java MIDP 2.0 and symbian(series 60) applications and data synchronization with pc via pc suite and iSync. Nokia 6600 syncs well with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Syncing Nokia 6600 with Microsoft Exchange Server
In Nokia 6600, the Mail for Exchange comes pre-installed (built into the firmware), so no files need to be downloaded and installed (.sisx files). Perform the following steps to create a Mail for Exchange mailbox:
- Press Menu.
- Select Email.
- Select New.
- Select Start.
- Enter your Email address for your corporate email account.
- Enter Password.
- Select Mail for Exchange.
- Enter User name.
- Enter Domain.
- Enter Mail for Exchange server name (web address for Exchange server).
- Select Ok.
The PIM data (Contacts, Calendar and To-do’s) synchronization is disabled by default perform the following to enable:
- Select Menu.
- Select Email.
- Select Settings.
- Select Personal Information Manager.
- Select Applications (the following steps will give a general configuration for any of the 3 items).
- Select each of the items (Calendar, Contacts, To-do) that you desire and change as needed.
- Select item sync – change to Yes if desired.
- Select Initial sync – delete from phone will erase all items from the device and replace with those on the Exchange server.