Running Microsoft Outlook on Windows Terminal Server
There are many known issues related to running Microsoft Outlook with Windows Terminal Server.
Outlook features that do not work include the following:
- Offline store (OST) files and features that rely on the OST (i.e., Cached Exchange and Offline mode, client side Junk E-mail filtering)
- Forms Designer and the Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) editor.
- You can view a custom form, but you cannot design a new form or revise an existing form.
- Changing the Time Zone from within Outlook as the time zone is a system setting.
- Changing Zone security settings from within Outlook as this is a system setting.
- Changing the status of a Microsoft Exchange Client Extension. If the extension is enabled by default, it should work correctly.
- Adding stationery that was not included with Outlook as part of the Terminal Services installation.
- Outlook animations, such as Send/Receive animation and the Search Folder creation icon, are disabled.
Related Links :
Hosted Apps – Exchange SharePoint
Hosted SharePoint Exchange Services
Free Microsoft SharePoint Hosting Templates
Setting up Microsoft Outlook Express for IMAP
Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
Manually Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2007